Welcome to the Topps 300 (and then some...) Blog!

Below are scans of the best five (in my opinion) cards from each year from the last 60 years of Topps Baseball Cards. I picked the 300 based on a few qualifiers, including: Key Rookie, Unique Photo, Action Shot, Card caused a buzz in the Hobby, Noteworthy Errors, Player had an impact on the game that particular year.

Now I know I left a whole bunch of worthy cards off the blog (and I have a feeling that I know what they are). What I ask is that you the readers that if you feel that a card not included in each post should be to add it to the comments. The idea is that eventually, I will create a ballot including my picks, as well as up to five picks from the commenters, will be put to a vote for the Hobby Blogging (and Internet) community to determine the best cards from each year of all time.

It is still a work in progress. But for now, please view each of the posts, and let me know what you think. And definitely share this with the populace. The more input this blog gets, the better the results are going to be in the end.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1988 Topps


  • #14 Sparky Anderson
  • #18 Al Leiter
  • #385 Carlton Fisk
  • #500 Andre Dawson
  • #779 Tom Glavine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dawson card looks awesome, and I love seeing Old Comiskey in the background on Fisk's card.

I would add Bo Jackson, Eddie Murray Record Breaker, Don Mattingly, and Eric Davis. In a poll a couple of years ago on 88topps.blogspot.com, Bo Jackson won.

night owl said...

The Bo Jackson card is tremendous. I think the Eddie Murray RB card is fantastic, too. And I have a personal preference for the Tom Lasorda card. Classic Lasorda.

CK said...

The '88 Mattingly is pretty iconic; I would include that. The Puckett is a pretty sweet card, too.

Todd Uncommon said...

On that Al Leiter card, if it stated "Future MLB Network Commentator", now THAT would have been predicting the future.

Anonymous said...

Dawson and Glavine - yes.
Eddie Murray RB and Bo Jackson - yes.
Not sure on the 5th - I like the Fisk.

Anonymous said...

OK - I vote Al Leiter for the 5th card, didn't realize this was an corrected error card, where the first card had a picture of the wrong guy.

Stack22 said...

I love the yellow All-Star card design from this set. The Tim Wallach is a particularly good example.

It's used on the banner of this site:
http://timwallach.blogspot.com/