Welcome to the Topps 300 (and then some...) Blog!

Below are scans of the best five (in my opinion) cards from each year from the last 60 years of Topps Baseball Cards. I picked the 300 based on a few qualifiers, including: Key Rookie, Unique Photo, Action Shot, Card caused a buzz in the Hobby, Noteworthy Errors, Player had an impact on the game that particular year.

Now I know I left a whole bunch of worthy cards off the blog (and I have a feeling that I know what they are). What I ask is that you the readers that if you feel that a card not included in each post should be to add it to the comments. The idea is that eventually, I will create a ballot including my picks, as well as up to five picks from the commenters, will be put to a vote for the Hobby Blogging (and Internet) community to determine the best cards from each year of all time.

It is still a work in progress. But for now, please view each of the posts, and let me know what you think. And definitely share this with the populace. The more input this blog gets, the better the results are going to be in the end.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1957 Topps


  • #1 Ted Williams
  • #20 Henry Aaron
  • #35 Frank Robinson
  • #165 Ted Kluszewski
  • #328 Brooks Robinson

3 comments:

TDLindgren said...

Now come on, Mantle needs to be in at least a couple! :) Especially the '57 Mantle with the ghost in the background! :)

Anonymous said...

The Aaron RevNeg is a must, as are the 2 Robinson rookies. I love that Klu picture - that's got to be the best shot of him in the cutoffs.

Honorable mention goes to the Dodgers sluggers #400 and Yankees Power Hitters #407. I'd tend to agree with TDL - Mantle may be deserving for this year. It's the only Topps card capturing him swinging.

I would take out the Williams for that Mantle (definitely like leaving the Klu in there).

Matthew Glidden said...

Thanks for keeping Big Klu in your list. Can't believe Topps left it off their "top 100!"

Just blogged a pointer back to your site and highlighted the 1957s. Nice work all-around.

Type Site: Topps 300